Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Inspirational Quotes

If the teacher connects learning to a child's emotions, she is more likely to learn than if what is being taught remains remote from her emotions.

This quote speaks to me because I believe it! When a student feels safe and comfortable in the classroom the teacher can move mountains. The student will do things the teacher would otherwise not get them to do because they trust them. I love the five key needs of learners which are affirmation, contribution, power, purpose and challenge. Students need to know the teacher cares first, then the student is willing to put their best foot forward.

As with most worthwhile endeavors, the devil is in the fine points.

I like this quote because it reminds me that it will be tough to reach all the aspirations I have for my future students. I must remember it may not be easy but it is definately worth it. I must never give up! The demands on me as a teacher will be plentiful but I must focus and remember what is most important, every individual student!

Teaching is fundamentally about building lives.

This is one of the reasons I am so excited to get into the classroom. I want to make a difference in the lives of my students. I want to greet each of them with a smile every day and be interested in their lives inside and outside of school. I want to give them self esteem and acceptance. I want them to be successful and excited about learning. I want them to feel empowered!

1 comment:

  1. If we really believe that teaching is about building lives then we won't ever give up and will continue to reach out to each child.

    ReplyDelete